When recalling at 2019, it’s tough to keep in mind precisely what took place at the start of the year, and while recollecting, there have been numerous circumstances people saying “that took place this year?” with utter shock. Perhaps that’s since our little however magnificent group here at Fashionista produced a massive quantity of #content that might extremely well have actually covered a whole years.
From thoroughly investigated stories to reflective essays and amusing news, we have actually covered all of it We’ve took a trip throughout the world for popular fashion displays in Milan, Paris andTbilisi We kept up method past our bedtimes to examine red carpet looks from a few of our preferred awards programs. We went to press sneak peeks and item launches to bring you the very best brand-new products on the marketplace. And the very best part of all of it? We delighted in every minute since it indicated sharing the most recent and biggest with you.
So, we have actually assembled our favorites listed below in hopes that they’ll stimulate something within you also. If you discover yourself looking for some holiday reading this vacation, think about the below– noted in no specific order– your go-to. See you in the brand-new years!
Fashionista’s 5 Most-ReadStories of the Year
1. Victoria’sSecret Newly Chosen Angels Prove the Company Really, Truly Doesn’t Get It
2. TheseClassic Skin-CareProducts Are Becoming Increasingly Polarizing
3. Meet the Instagram Account Calling Out Celebrity Pastors for Their Expensive Sneakers
4. KylieJenner-ApprovedDesigner Kim Shui Is Accusing Fashion Nova of Copying Her Designs
5. TheBest-DressedCelebrities at 2019 Met Gala
8 Must-Reads on Diversity, Inclusivity and Equality
1. TheBackstage Beauty Experience Is Still Lacking for Black Models
2. TheseWomen Are Working to Modernize The Wig and Hair Extensions Industry
3. GoldeFounder Trinity Mouzon Wants to Bring Inclusivity and Accessibility to Wellness
4. Up- and-ComingModel Haatepah is Using Fashion to Advocate for Indigenous Rights
5. AsBrands Cash In On Cannabis, Are They Working to Dispel Racial Disparity That Exists Behind It?
6. Does the Ethical Fashion Community Have a Diversity Problem?
7. WhyDoes the Burden of Creating Inclusivity in Fashion Fall Largely on Marginalized Groups?
8. It’sTime to Rethink the ‘Trend’ of Burning Sage on Instagram
1. ThisIs What Fashion Jobs Really Pay in 2019
2. TheTop Fashion Schools in the World: 2019
3. HowRachel Antonoff Became a Famously Creative Fashion Force Without Ever Losing Her Way
4. HowDr. Simon Ourian Became the Biggest Cosmetic Dermatologist on Instagram
5. HowNikki Ogunnaike Went From the Fashion Closet to Shaping Culture at Top Fashion Titles
6. HowVanessa Friedman Became One of the Foremost Critics in the Fashion Industry
7. HowJason Rembert Became One of Hollywood’s Most Thought-ProvokingCelebrity Stylists
8. 7 Fashion Jobs That Didn’t Exist 5 Years Ago
9. Fashionista’sNew Survey Suggests That Bullying Is Still Alive and Well in the Fashion Industry
10 FromBeauty Editor to Brand: Why I Made the Jump
11 Here’sHow to Make a Living Off Resale Sites
10Deep Dives Into the Fashion Biz
1. HowDo You Responsibly Close A Diamond Mine?
2. TheComplexities of Pricing Responsibly Made Clothing
3. WhatSmall Brands Can Learn From the Barneys New York Bankruptcy
4. AsLab-GrownDiamonds Near Mainstream Acceptance, the Entire Industry Is Changing
5. Hey,Quick Question: Has ‘Store’ Become a Dirty Word in Retail?
6. WhyWomenswear Brands Are Getting Into Menswear– and Whether It’s a Good Thing
7. AreThese Soho Billboards the Most Coveting Advertising Spots in New York City?
8. TheLine Between Social Media and E-commerce Is Beginning to Disappear
9. Royally-BelovedBrands Can’t Rely on the ‘MeghanMarkle Effect’ Forever
10 CannabisCompanies Are Taking Cues– and Employees– From the Fashion Industry
1. GabriellaKarefa-JohnsonWants to Change What Fashion Editorials Can Look Like
2. WithAerie, Jennifer Foyle Has Revolutionized the Lingerie Industry
3. PrabalGurung Created His Own American Dream
4. NateHinton Is Not Just a Publicist, He’s a Chamption of Your Favorite Emerging Designers
5. MakeupArtist, Model and Muse Raisa Flowers Is Bringing Her Own Brand of Weirdness to Beauty and Fashion
3 Introspective Essays
1. HowMoving to L.A. Helped Me Finally Feel Confident In my Personal Style
2. A Review of “Chiara Ferragni: Unposted” by a Chiara Ferragni Superfan
3. How a Self-ImposedShopping Ban Gave Me a Sense of Control in a World Full of Chaos
TheStories That Made Us Laugh
1. 17Luxury Handbags That Look Exactly the Same however Prove You Know How to Read
2. WhatOlivia Munn Got Wrong in Her Rant About The Fug Girls
3. Hey,Quick Question: Are Tiktok Egirls the New Scene Queens?
… and the Story That Made Us Cry
1. KarlLagerfeld Dies at 85
1. IsIt Even Possible to Be a Sustainable Influencer?
2. IsIt Possible to Become a Mega-InfluencerAnymore?
TheBeauty Top 8
1. LeLabo Santal 33: The Scent That Went From Ruggedly Cool to Utterly Basic
2. TheBurgeoning Field of Psychodermatology Explores the Link Between Mental Health and Skin
3. HowDaniel Martin Went From Working at a Mac Counter to Doing Meghan Markle’s Wedding Day Makeup
4. WhatIt’s Like to Be an Accutane ‘SuccessStory’
5. A Complete Guide to All the Non-SurgicalCosmetic Procedures People Are Getting for ‘InstagramFace’
6. ThisTrendy Natural Beauty Ingredient Has a Major Counterfeiting Problem
7. ItMay Be Time to Reconsider All That Glitter in Your Beauty Products
8. WhatHappens When a Plastic Surgery Trend Dies?
6 Sustainability Standouts
1. FashionBrands Are Claiming to Be ‘CarbonNeutral’– But Is It Greenwashing?
2. TheNext Wave of Sustainable Fashion Is All About Regenerative Farming
3. Inside the Denim Factory Your Favorite Sustainable Brands Use Loyally
4. Meet the ‘KnittingMonk’ and Others Using Slow Fashion as a Spiritual Practice
5. DoWe Really Need Any More Sustainable Fashion Brands?
6. IsYour Greta Thunberg T-ShirtContributing to Climate Change?
5 Memorable Fashion Show Reviews
1. Rihanna’sSavage X Fenty Show Was Everything Victoria’s Secret Wishes It Could Be
2. PhilippPlein’s Fall 2019 Show Was Just as Tragic as the Kanye West Scam That Surrounded It
3. EditorsWere Seriously Annoyed at Christian Siriano’s Fall 2019 Show
4. A Moment of Silence, a Standing Ovation and Plenty of Tears for Karl Lagerfeld’s Final Chanel Collection
5. VictoriaBeckham’s Fall 2019 Collection Is Here to Fill the Old Celine Void in Your Heart
5. GigiHadid Acted as a Bouncer When Confronted With a Catwalk Crasher on the Chanel Runway
TheBest of Costume Design
1. The”Stranger Things 3″ Costumes Include Eleven’s ’80 s Mall Rat Makeover and Steve’s New Sailor Outfit
2. AliWong Wears The Row, Isabel Marant and Michael Kors in “Always Be My Maybe” on Netflix
3. HowCostume Designer Heidi Bivens Captured Gen- Z, Cool Teen Style in “Euphoria”
4. TheCostumes in the Live-Action”Aladdin” Include Authentic Middle Eastern References and Modern Day Streetwear Influencers
5. All of the Creepy Cues to Spot in the Traditional Swedish “Midsommer” Costumes
6. HowCostume Helped Jason Momoa Become an Exceptionally Badass New “Aquaman”
7. The”Hustlers” Costumers Pay Homage to 2000 s-EraBritney Spears, Paris Hilton and, of Course, J.Lo
8. All of the Costume Cues to Spot in Jordan Peele’s Terrifying Film “Us”
Homepage image: A view of Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty reveal throughout New York FashionWeek Photo: Courtesy of Savage X Fenty